Beautiful No Heat-Styling Curls with Tabitha James Kraan Organics
Keeping your hair in beautiful condition all comes down to keeping it as healthy as possible. Many aspects of our daily lives that contribute to the demise of our locks: air pollution, central heating and air-conditioner, hair dye, chemical hair products to name but a few. However, there is one habit above all others which is a staple in many people’s lives that wreaks havoc on hair: heat styling. Blow-drying, straightening, curling – you name it. If there’s heat involved, it’s hurting your hair. Even water that is too hot will damage those delicate cuticles, leading to unwanted frizz and dull colour, but despite knowing this, giving up the heat-styling is something that lots of style addicts out there struggle to give up.
If the thought of going heat-free conjures up images of an un-tame mane that you’d never dream of leaving the house with, it’s time you updated your imaginings and your routine. It is absolutely possible to get gorgeous hair without the use of heat-styling tools, whether that’s perfect curls, straight and sleek, tousled French Girl chic or a fabulous up-do: all you need is the right know-how and that’s what we’re going to help you with.
Part of the Tabitha James Kraan Organics mission is to see a world full of beautiful hair, without the damage. Healthy hair free from the abuse of chemical haircare and heat-styling!
With the right organic hair products to detox your bathroom and expert tips on how to re-think your styling ways, it’s easy. In today’s blog, we’re looking at how to get beautiful curls with no heat-styling.
If silky, bouncy curls are your thing, here’s a great way to create amazing curls without the damaging heat-styling.
Get hold of an old scarf (or two, depending on how tight you want your curls) and cut into four, length-ways strips.
- Start with damp, but nearly dry hair (90% dry). Apply 4-5 pumps of our 4-1 conditioner through the mid-lengths to the ends. Section into four for loose curls or more for a tighter look.
- Take one of your strips of scarf and tie onto the top of one section, as close to the root as possible. Take the length of hair with the scarf at the top and carefully wrap this section around the scarf working your way down until you run out of hair.
- For a loose curl/wave, leave a gap between each wrap-around. For a more define curl, keep the hair wrapped tightly together.
- Keeping the hair neatly wrapped around the scarf, hold the length up and twist around the base over and over again to create a bun on the scalp. Continue to wrap the end of the scarf round and round the base to secure – no clips or ties required!
- Repeat for all other sections. The more sections you have, the more curly your hair will be.
- Leave to dry. Once your hair is completely dry all the way through, gently unwrap those buns to reveal your heat-free curls!
- Remedy any frizz by dressing with the Tabitha James Kraan Organics 4-in-1 Conditioner or for very dry hair, a drop of our Scented Organic Hair Oil.